Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them... Isaiah:58:7

Those who oppress the poor insult their Maker, but helping the poor honors him. Proverbs 13:31

Saturday, November 21, 2009

I am so close to being done with my Dossier! Our agency thought our homestudy social worker would have a Police Certificate for us. They didn't. I UPS'ed the DJ-LE-250 form out on Thursday and included a self-addressed UPS envelope. I am hoping it gets there fast and comes back fast. It is all I am waiting for. I had to have Bill's medical clearance re-done by his doctor. Actually, this is sitting at the clinic waiting to be picked up (again). The notary forgot to put the date in. The notary date is very important as it is one of the things that gets looked at.

I got my notarized Home Study document in the mail on Friday. Because I have this, I was able to get together my I600a form last night. I needed an original Home Study to send with that form along with copies of our birth certificate, marriage certificates, divorce decrees, and a check for $830. This form is an orphan petition. The purpose of this form is to:
  • determine the eligibility and suitability of the prospective adoptive parents looking to adopt
  • determine the eligibility of the child to immigrate to the United States

We will have to go to the USCIS office in Milwaukee to get fingerprinted as part of this process. They will do a background check on us. We did this for our Police Certificate. The Manitowoc Police Department did the fingerprints. Total cost of fingerprinting: $180

After we get approved by the I600a form, the USCIS sends us an I171-H(Notice of Favorable Determination Concerning Application for Advanced Processing of Orphan Petition). This allows us to file an I600 form while in Ethiopia. This form is a Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative.

I am praying that there aren't too many deer hunters in the Wisconsin Department of Criminal Justice office! They should have received my application for a Police Certificate on Friday. I have the UPS numbers to track so I will be watching them. My goal is to get my Dossier of the the State of WI for a State Seal before December 1st.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, you guys are geting closer! I will be praying that everything goes smoothly and quickly!!
    ~Lorie

    ReplyDelete