Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them... Isaiah:58:7

Those who oppress the poor insult their Maker, but helping the poor honors him. Proverbs 13:31

Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Bump in the Road

I received an email yesterday from our director:
The embassy MD has decided that Obsi is 16. but he is NOT 16 and you cannot adopt a 16 year old. I don't know what can be done.... he has a b.c. that shows he is 14 but it seems that the embassy believes that the MD can override this.

She is in the hospital after an appendectomy. Yet, she still works for the children!

The only thing that can fix this is prayer. I have seen our Lord come through again and again and I trust this is all in His plan. He is in control. I know He is in control because a number of things haven't been working. I haven't been able to book a flight because nothing is working out. We were going to go down to Soddo to visit Sophie, a medical missionary whose blog I have been reading for some time. I was looking forward to visiting her clinic. They help the locals. The one day we could come, happened to be the weekend Dr. Mary's husband is flying into Addis and clinic was closed. I trust this is the Lord's way of working things out.
The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.
The world and all its people belong to him.
For he laid the earth’s foundation on the seas
and built it on the ocean depths.
Psalm 24:1,2

The Lord frustrates the plans of the nations
and thwarts all their schemes.
But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever;
his intentions can never be shaken.
Psalm 33: 10,11

I will rest in His intentions!

No comments:

Post a Comment