Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them... Isaiah:58:7

Those who oppress the poor insult their Maker, but helping the poor honors him. Proverbs 13:31

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Results of Bone Scan

The bone scan shows that Obsi is 18. We are going to get him anyway. Our agency director thinks embassy will let us slide through because his birth certificate says he is 13. He is most likely 14, going on 15. Bone scans are not reliable.

We were also advised to contact our Congressman for help in getting a back-up Visa. If the US embassy rejects us, we need a back-up plan. We will also fly out later, arriving in time for embassy on Thursday and staying a bit later than the weekend to handle problems if they should arise.

I am in the process of booking tickets. I scheduled our shots yesterday. I need to get us a room or two at the New Flower. Need to get donations packed in bags weighing less than 50 lbs. We are out of town most of the two weeks before we leave so I need to use this week to get things done.

I got this email this week:

Hi! We are home! We had a chance to meet your sweet Obsi. What a precious young man! I will email you a picture when I have a chance to go thru all of our stuff. He asked us if we could wait long enough for him to write a letter to you. So, I have a beautiful letter from your beautiful son. What is your address and I will mail it to you. It was an overwhelming experience picking her up, so I didn't get to get any info from him at all...just the picture and the letter. He is very kind and handsome!!! Talk soon!


We can't let a boy like this stay in Ethiopia!

No comments:

Post a Comment